If you are a mom or know a mom who is concerned about the rapid deterioration of America’s freedoms and values that must be preserved for our children and grandchildren, become familiar with Moms for America. They will hold a rally with Gold Star Wives and Mothers at the U.S. Capitol on Thursday, July 4th. On behalf of the sons and daughters who have died for their country, the cry of these moms is, “We are not willing to sacrifice what they gave their lives for.” Let’s look at much more this organization is doing for the future of our children.
MFA is a national non-profit organization rooted in the principles of liberty and virtue upon which our nation was founded, and focused on promoting these principles in the home and family through the women and mothers of America. They are many faces in many places supporting and encouraging each other in the most important work they do–raising and nurturing the future of America. They are creating a national movement of moms to restore the republic, promote the principles of liberty, and reclaim their culture for truth, family, freedom and the U.S. Constitution.
Their “Declaration of Mothers” is as follows:
- Our Rights come from God not government and the Constitution of the United States was created under the inspiration of Almighty God to secure our inherent rights and the liberty for all people.
- We recognize the sacred role of mother as the heart of the home and home as the heart of society.
- Mothers by their divine nature and intrinsic influence determine the future of a nation, mold its citizens, determine its institutions, and shape its destiny.
- Parents are, first and foremost, the primary teachers and protectors of their children in a free society.
- We affirm the self-evident truths that all men and women are created equal; endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights which include life, liberty, property, and the pursuit of happiness.
- Freedom is a rare and prized possession which requires constant care and vigilance for its preservation. Each generation has a responsibility to instill a love of liberty and virtue in the hearts of the next generation.
MFA’s Director of Strategic Initiatives and Gold Star Mom, Karen Vaughn, in a recent national news interview said that one of her greatest concerns is the determined effort of our nation’s liberal leaders to embrace socialism. Socialism tickles of ears of the young, less mature Americans who don’t understand the consequences of its claims. Karen sees the critical role of moms in nurturing their children in the superiority of democracy and capitalism that made America great.
I believe mothers have been key to the direction of the history of all nations throughout civilization as they have shaped their sons and daughters for the next generation. Mothers of America will, in large measure, determine the principles and values of this nation’s next generation. President Ronald Reagan said, “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
Moms, go to https://momsforamerica.us, now and consider becoming a part of this worthy organization. Also, watch for news coverage of the Rally for Freedom event in Washington, D.C. on the Fourth of July.